In celebration of the festive holiday season, we’ve compiled a 12 Days of Christmas-inspired list of frequently asked questions about eyes. Sandy T. Feldman, MDMedical Director of Clearview Eye & Laser Medical Center, answers the following eye-related questions.
- Why does a scratch on the eye hurt so much?
- Why do we get “sleepers”?
- What does it mean to have 20/20 vision?
- Why do eyelids twitch?
- What’s the difference between an ophthalmologist, optometrist and optician?
- Can eyes be transplanted?
- Is it safe to clean my contact lenses with a homemade solution?
- Will sitting too close to the television set hurt my eyes?
- Will my child inherit my need for glasses?
- Can nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism be prevented?
- How safe are LASIK and cataract surgeries?
- How long is pink eye contagious?
Want the answers to these questions? Click here to read more!
Image credit: Päivi Rytivaara via freeimages